You can either download the PDF file or scroll down to read the program from our website
Our offshore sailing school “Macedonian-Thrace” is organizing for the twenty-seventh year in a row weekly sailing practice programs, giving you the chance to discover the numerous beauties of the Greek islands while practicing the fascinating art of sailing. During this week you will swim in crystal clear water, visit picturesque villages, discover secluded beaches and harbours that can only be reached by boat and enjoy the famous Greek hospitality.
This program is for those who already know how to sail and who want to gain extra experience and to sail more miles.
The boats depart on Saturday morning from the marina of Thessaloniki and return there the following Friday afternoon.
The detailed program is as follows:
- Friday, we gather (those who have arrived in Thessaloniki) at 18:30 at our sailing school’s office where you meet your captain and get acquainted with the rest of the group.
- Saturday we meet at 7:00 a.m. at the marina of Thessaloniki and set sails. In the afternoon we stop for swimming, lunch and relaxation at Posidi, a beautiful beach on the first peninsular of Chalkidiki. Saturday evening we depart for some exciting night sailing to the island of Kyra-Panagia (N. Sporades) and arrive at Agios Petros (the South harbour of Kyra-Panagia) at dawn. In this way we experience the night sailing and gain one extra day in the Sporades Complex. If the weather conditions are inappropriate, Saturday evening we sail to the picturesque little harbour of Skioni (Chalkidiki) and depart for Kyra-Panagia on Sunday morning. The uninhabited island Kyra-Panagia belongs to the Sporades complex, with pristine clean sea, it is mountainous and full of beautiful cliffs, ideal for climbing and exploring.
- Sunday noon we sail to Steni Valla on Alonissos island. There we could get provisions from the market situated on the harbour, taste fresh fish and traditional Greek cuisine at the local taverns and also visit the old capital of Alonissos with its beautiful architecture and the panoramic view.
- Monday morning we head for Skopelos. On our way there we anchor in one of the beautiful bays of Peristera for swimming and arrive in the afternoon at the picturesque harbour of Skopelos. There we could taste the local specialties (Skopelos’ cheese pie), have fun at the local bars and clubs and visit the numerous little churches. Even a simple stroll through the narrow streets of Skopelos is a memorable experience.
- Tuesday morning we sail around Skopelos and anchor and swim –depending on the weather- either at Panormos harbour, which is on Skopelos or at Tsougria Islet, which is South of Skiathos. Later on, we set sail for the cosmopolitan island of Skiathos. Here, it is worth visiting the house of the famous writer Papadiamantis. Skiathos, also known as the «small Mykonos», has many luxurious shops and an exciting nightlife with an international flavor in numerous bars and clubs.
- Wednesday early in the morning we set sail for Kamari (Pilio), a picturesque, small, well-protected harbour. On our way there, depending on the weather, we stop for swimming either at the renowned pebble-beach “Lalaria” or at Agios Giannis, at the foothills of Pilio Mountain. We spend the night in Kamari.
- Thursday morning we depart for Stomio (Tsagietzi) and arrive in the afternoon; there we can swim at the sandy beach and enjoy fresh seafood at the local tavern by the sea. In the evening we set sail for Epanomi and anchor –depending on the weather- either at the wreck or the harbour of Epanomi.
- Friday morning we depart for Thessaloniki and arrive at the marina in the afternoon. At the Marina, with our captain’s help and instructions we clean and tidy-up the boat.
The price of the above program is 500,00 Euro per person and includes: accommodation on board, fuel and water for the boat and captain. In order to register, a 50% payment in advance is required (250 €) while the rest 50% (250 €) should be paid –the latest- one week prior to departure.
Suitcases are not allowed on board, so you should please use a small sport bag (without wheels). Every participant should bring: one pair of light-coloured rubber-soled shoes to use onboard (not black sole because it leaves marks all over the boat), warm clothes for night sailing and in case of a bad weather, a jacket (oilskin), sun protection cream (high SPF), swim suits, shorts, T-shirts, a towel and optionally a sleeping-bag. We provide sheets, pillows and pillowcases. But please take as little as possible, because there is limited storage space onboard.
The intensive offshore sailing practice program takes place from May till September, as long as there are minimum 4 participants.
Small changes in the above route may take place due to the weather conditions.
For further information, available dates and reservations please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: +302310-429.770, +302310-429777 and +306944-439.514.